Come See Us For Your Consultation! No Referral Necessary!
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed various aspects of our everyday life. Many industries such as the retail industry and restaurant industry have had to make major changes to daily operations to better protect their team members and customers. The orthodontic industry is already known for its vigorously disinfecting regulations, but since COVID-19, all health and safety measures have been advanced and intensified. At Beach Braces – the case is no different!
New Health and Safety Measures
All orthodontic practices in Toronto have received updated guidelines from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. “Dentists have to follow this guidance document along with information from the Chief Medical Officer of Health when re-opening their office and providing care.” Below are a few of the new health and safety practices that have been forward:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all team members
- Orthodontists and staff members must change into office clothes and footwear immediately upon reporting to work
- The number of patients in the practice at one time is controlled
- Physical distancing protocols are in effect
- All magazines, toys, and any other non-essential, frequently touched items have been removed from the office, reception area, and operatories
- For the same reasons as above, use of the water cooler and coffee machine, as well as the patient washroom has been suspended
- Physical barriers have been installed around the reception desk
- Special air purifiers have been installed that can reduce the production of aerosols and droplets for special procedures. Such procedures are limited to rooms with a door that can be closed. After such procedures, a 15-minute waiting time is observed after the patient has left, for droplets to subside before disinfecting and preparing the room for the next patient
- Patients and staff members are being screened daily. Anyone experiencing flu-like symptoms cannot enter the office. Staff members not feeling well must leave the office immediately and not return to work until after consulting with their physician.
Changes To The Patient Appointment Process
As per the provincial guidelines, several changes have been implemented to the patient appointment process. For example, all patients will have to undergo a COVID-19 prescreening before their appointment to determine if they have any flu-like symptoms. A screening questionnaire will have to be completed on the day of your appointment to confirm that you’re healthy. For any patients that fail the screening or temperature check, their appointments will have to be rescheduled.
For a full list of changes to the process and new changes at Beach Braces in Toronto, please click here. With all of these new precautions in place, you can feel confident and reassured that we have gone above and beyond for everyone’s health and safety. If you do have questions about any of these new changes – we are here for you!
While all of these changes may feel overwhelming, remember we are still in a pandemic situation! Our team remains committed and passionate about your smile!
Visit Beach Braces Orthodontic Office In Toronto!
If you are looking for personalized orthodontic treatment in Toronto – including Toronto braces or Toronto Invisalign, give us a call at (416) 690-4540! We’re booking appointments for both new and existing patients!
– The Beach Braces Team